This recipe is stupid easy! This makes for such an amazing snack or even lunch because it’s so filling! I absolutely love just how decadent this is without being overly sweet. This recipe is no-cook and comes together in just a few short minutes. You can really use any fruit you’d like, the possibilities are endless! Have fun with this one and let your imagination be your guide!
This recipe is Autoimmune Protocol friendly and can be modified for Candida as well (just omit the pomegranate seeds and use low sugar fruits like blackberries and blueberries – and no honey).
You can enjoy this recipe on a hot summer day because despite having a high fat content, this dish is very light, cool and refreshing. I hope you give this one a try and if you do, please tag me on Instagram!
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 2 Tablespoons of strawberries (finely diced)
- 2 Tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- 2 Tablespoons of toasted coconut flakes
- 2 Springs of mint
- Honey (to drizzle)
- Start by cutting your avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Next evenly distribute your finely diced strawberries, pomegranate seeds, and coconut flakes into each half of the avocado.
- Finely chop mint and evenly divide to garnish each avocado.
- Lightly drizzle with honey. (maple syrup works too if you don’t have any honey on hand. Also, you should omit honey and/or maple syrup if you’re on a Candida cleanse. I have made this several times without the honey and still enjoyed it just as much!).