Are you a seafood lover? I definitely am. Seafood is a go to for me. I love shrimp, fish, crab and lobster… you name it! It’s all so yummy, not to mention, lean, quick, simple, and easy to cook. And it’s also nutritious and delicious!
This dish is a classic… so fresh and light! Lemon and capers are one of my favorite flavor combinations. And bonus… it only takes about 25 minutes to make! Dinner in under 25 minutes… HELL YEAH!
You can really use any fish for this recipe. I had cod on hand, but you could use halibut, tilefish, sole, tilapia, etc.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4-6 Cod filets
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Tbsp. AIP Paleo seasoning
- 1 Glug of garlic infused olive oil
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Handful of fresh cilantro (or you can use parsley, however, I’m just not a fan of it)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place thawed cod filets into a baking dish.
- Lightly coat with olive oil and seasonings.
- Slice lemon into thin slices and place on top of each cod filet.
- Sprinkle capers over each filet.
- Place in the oven until fully cooked (approximately 20 minutes – however this may vary based on the size of your filet, so please be sure to check the internal temperature).