This is such a refreshing salad and takes 5 minutes to put together (my kind of recipe – short and easy!). This salad gives me Greek vibes because of the kalamata olives, fresh herbs, and crunchy onions. It makes for a great side dish and goes well with fish or any other seafood. And it is also perfect for spring and summer grilling!
I’ve found that the longer this salad sits, the better it gets! It gives the flavors more time to marinate. This recipe is Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) and Candida friendly.
Just make sure when selecting your kalamata olives to check out the ingredient list on the jar and make sure it doesn’t contain any additives like citric acid.
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 Large English cucumber
- 1 Cup of kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1/2 Red onion
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Lemon (juice of 1/2 lemon and zest of whole lemon)
- 1 Handful of fresh cilantro (or parsley – I’m personally not a parsley fan)
- 1 Handful of fresh dill
- Chop English cucumber into quarter slices.
- Chop onion into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped cucumber, onions, and olives and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil, vinegar, herbs, spices, lemon juice and zest and mix well.
- Add dressing to the cucumber salad and let marinate for at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.