Prosciutto is an Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) staple. It’s my go-to snack when I’m on the run and haven’t had any time to eat. It’s great because it can be found at any grocery store which also makes it great for travel. You do need to be careful and make sure that you read the labels to ensure there are no additives such as nitrates.
This recipe is stupid easy to make (as most of my recipes are) however, this one is exceptionally easy. It’s four ingredients… that’s it (well it’s four if you use the AIP Paleo Powder). It makes for a great snack or appetizer. I made these for Super Bowl Sunday, so they are ideal for parties (something you and you non-AIP guests can both enjoy – because who doesn’t like salty crispy prosciutto?).
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- 10 slices of prosciutto (may need more or less depending on how many asparagus spears you have)
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of AIP Paleo seasoning (garlic powder, oregano, basil, Himalayan pink salt, sage, onion powder)
- 1 lemon (optional for garnish – zest and juice)
*You could replace all the spices with 1 tablespoon of the AIP Paleo Powder seasoning (so much more convenient – I put it on everything!).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and place trimmed asparagus on the sheet
- Coat asparagus with olive oil (make sure it’s not too oily as the prosciutto will release oil as it’s cooking).
- Sprinkle seasoning and mix until evenly coated
- Assemble asparagus bundles by taking three spears and wrapping them with prosciutto. Repeat until all the asparagus have been wrapped in the prosciutto.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes